This ‘Wild Mushroom Charcuterie and Advanced Preservation Course ‘ is offered to you by foraging and wild food experts Courtney Tyler and Michael White. They will share their combined experience to offer a unique training in the various forms of culinary alchemy which transform edible fungi into a range of outstanding products.
This workshop provides a fantastic opportunity for food professionals, foragers and home chefs to move beyond the conventional preparation and presentation of fungi to a new level of inspiration and flavour.
We do hope you’ll join us!
A day course includes:
- Discussion around the possibilities of mushroom preparation beyond the norm such as: jerky, mushroom vegan ‘bacon’, candied mushrooms and booze!
- Exploration and demonstrations of fungi preservation techniques including: curing, cold smoking, drying, pickling, fermentation, candying and alcoholic infusions with mushrooms!
- Exploration and demonstrations of fungi detoxification including in the slavic style
- Samples of fungi preserved to a variety of styles
- Hands-on crafting using preserved wild mushrooms
- Finished samples to take home
- Recipes for future reference
Duration: Day course running from 930am to 2pm
Please note that you can buy a beautiful lunch from SCGrocer Deli. It’s run by Stephen Caviston- it’s absolutely incredible food! Alternatively please bring a packed lunch.
What: Wild Mushroom Charcuterie and Advanced Preservation Course
Where: SCGrocer 38 Abbey Rd, Kill of the Grange, Monkstown, Co. Dublin, A94 F7K8, Ireland
When: Friday 4th November 2022.
Time: 9:30- 2pm
€155 Early Bird (£132)
€175 Full Price (£149)
Early bird tickets are available until the 15th October 2022 and are full price of €175 after that date.
**PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL BE CHARGED IN POUNDS STERLING, HOWEVER THIS EVENT WILL INDEED BE RUN IN IRELAND!
***THE EXCHANGE RATE WILL FLUCTUATE DAILY BUT SHOULD BE VERY CLOSE TO THE EURO PRICE PLUS BOOKING FEE.
The booking fee is set by the ticket agent website (Clearbookings) and is non-refundable in any circumstances. The exchange rate was correct at the time of posting, however should it vary dramatically from what we have above, please PM us and we will adjust the price.
Full booking and details below: